The latest issue of the U-M Alumni Association’s email student newsletter has an interesting list of free things offered by local businesses if it’s your birthday:
“Everyone deserves special treatment on their birthday. Although you might not be able to sweet talk your way out of that annoying exam, here’s some free stuff you can score at popular Ann Arbor businesses. Check out the list below and take advantage of the bonuses (offers are subject to change).
* Zingerman’s-half-dozen free bagels
* Grizzly Peak Brewing Company-free dessert, free logo pint glass, and a $10 gift certificate for your next visit
* Main Street Ventures Restaurants (includes Gratzi, Palio, Real Seafood Co.)-receive 50 percent off your bill if two people are dining, 33 percent off if three people are dining, 25 percent off for four people, and so on (discount applies to only the food portion of the bill)
* Cottage Inn restaurant-free meal
* Good Time Charley’s-free meal
* Stucchi’s-free ice cream
* Hollywood Video-free movie rental
* Baskin Robbins-free ice cream.
* Applebee’s-free chocolate sundae
* TGI Friday’s-free birthday dessert
* The Olive Garden-free cake and serenade by wait staff
* Red Lobster-free cake and serenade by wait staff
* Arbor Brewing Company-free sampler platter of all house beers currently on tap”
I’m not sure if that last one applies to any birthday, or just your 21st – which comes along with it’s own list of freebies. What’s missing from this list?