My work just circulated this job posting:
Online Campaign Organizer/Writer
Strategic Planning Department
For the American Way is an organization with 750,000 members and
activists devoted to promoting civil and equal rights, civil liberties,
public education, an independent judiciary, and civic participation.
The Strategic Planning Department houses all of the organizationâ€™s
web-related work. The Online Campaign Organizer/Writer reports to the
departmentâ€™s Deputy Director.
– Work with Field and Public Policy Departments to develop and deploy Web-based campaigns.
– Draft web-specific content to portray PFAW activities and promote activism by PFAWâ€™s online community.
– Generate publicity to drive up activism rates at PFAW.org, using
knowledge of low cost and creative online marketing methods – message
boards, newsgroups, and letters to online publications.
– Load Web content/make updates as needed to existing Web content within selected campaigns.
– Maintain reports on campaign progress, including traffic, participation and content.
– Experience developing online, activist campaigns strongly desired.
– Strong writing skills required; 2+ years experience writing copy for web and/or advocacy preferred.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet extremely tight deadlines.
– Must be a self-starter, an innovator and a good team player.
– Familiarity with using html and content management systems preferred.
– Interest in progressive issues and public interest commitment.
– Willingness to work campaign-style hours when needed.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
apply: Send resume, statement of interest and sample of written work to
Dibby Johnson, Director of Human Resources, People For the American
Way, 2000 M St. NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC, 20036, email to hr at
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.