Tuesday, January 13, 2004Even though this event is scheduled for next Tuesday, I think it is important enough to post about now:
"THE TRUE STATE OF THE UNION: A Panel of community leaders, social activists, and scholars responds to President Bush's State of the Union address.
Tuesday January 20
Room 126 East Quad, 701 E. University (between S. University and Hill St.) on the University of Michigan campus.
Co-sponsored by Ann Arbor Area Committee for Peace and U-M Residential College.
The public and press are invited to a public viewing of President Bush's televised State of the Union address. Before the speech, a representative of the Ann Arbor Area Committee for Peace will welcome attendees and give brief introductory remarks. At the speech's conclusion, a panel of community leaders, scholars, and social activists will offer responses on topics including the war in Iraq, the economy, environmental issues, education, and domestic social
The panelists include:
- Rev. Mark Lyons, Pastor of Second Baptist Church in Ann Arbor (African American)
- Dr. Rosemary Sarri, U-M professor emeritus, U-M School of Social Work
- Dr. Tom Weisskopf, Director of U-M Residential College and Professor of
- Joe Dulin, Principal of Roberto Clemente High School, Ann Arbor (Alternative High School)
- Megan Owens, Field Director of Public Interest Research Group in Michigan
- Speaker on the war in Iraq (yet to be confirmed). "
Posted by Rob at 4:26 PM